Learning to navigate the toolbar will make your experience while playing Club Penguin Legacy more efficient as it’s home to several important utilities.
What is the toolbar?, you may ask. The toolbar is that large blue bar located at the bottom of your screen while playing in-game (see image directly below). This bar is home to chatting as well as several buttons that serve different responsibilities, which will be highlighted below.
Going from left-to-right:
- Speech bubble: Clicking this button will bring up a cluster of pre-written messages that you may select from. These messages can be sent simply by clicking on them individually, and were created in accordance with the filter (i.e. these messages will not get blocked by the game’s language filter).
- Winking face: This button is home to the game’s emoticons/emotes. Clicking on these will post the selected emotes as messages in the current room you are located in.
- Sitting penguin: This button will prompt a menu where you can select a number of different actions for your penguin to perform including: sitting in a specific direction, waving, and dancing. Note: You can also perform such actions using your keyboard (arrow keys to sit, “w” to wave, “d” to dance).
- Snowball: This button allows your Penguin to throw a snowball. Note: You can also perform this action using the “t” key on your keyboard.
- Chat bar: The chat bar in the middle of the toolbar is how you can communicate with others by sending them custom messages. All you need to do here is click anywhere inside the chat bar, type your message, and click the speech bubble button directly to the right-side of the chat bar or press the “Enter” key on your keyboard to promptly send the message in the current room you are located in. Note: Numbers and certain characters cannot be typed into the chat bar. These are blocked as a security measure to better keep our community safe.
- Membership badge: Clicking this button is simply an alternative to clicking on your own penguin to open up your player card.
- Smiley face: Clicking this button will bring up your Friends List menu.
- Home button: Clicking this button will send your penguin to your igloo. Note: This button was recently changed into an igloo icon, but the purpose still remains the same.
- Question mark: This last button to the far-right pulls up your personal settings menu. This offers a variety of different adjustable options including that of audio, visual, accessibility, and other general settings.