Client Update: 2.7.226
PC / Macintosh / Mobile
We've recently rolled out a slate of new changes and additions, along with bug fixes for the game. Check them out by scrolling down. For a more comprehensive blog post, you can look at our latest What's New? Blog by clicking this link.
As always, if there are any new bugs that arise post-release, you can track them through our community Trello page by clicking this link.
See you all soon! Until then... Waddle on!
Safety and Security
- Revamped Report a Penguin to be simplified and in-game
- Players can now ignore other Players in-game
- Added 3 distinct Safe Chat options for users
- Trust and Safety can now clear everyone’s chat for safety purposes.
- Internal chat changes
- Players will now have to verify their account in order to play
- You can now control the volume of your sound effects, music and ambience.
- The ability to hide usernames of Penguins
- The ability to hide all Penguins
- The ability to hide Interfaces
- All new: Minimized Interface mode with a minimizable Dock
- Toggle Fullscreen option
- Change text size of message bubbles for Accessibility
- Show tooltips on Player Card items and Igloo Builder for Accessibility
- Reduced Motion setting that will improve FPS on lower-end machines
- You can now give Tours while wearing a Tour Guide Hat
- Players can now tell Jokes
- You can now unlock items/coins through Unlock Items Online
- You can now disable or enable buddy notifications
- If you type “FPS” on your keyboard in-game, you can see your FPS counter
Create a Penguin
- Rolled out a new Create a Penguin system
- Added a new pin to the island, have fun finding it!
- Removed “Fashion Show” variant for Gift Shop only used for new Penguin Style releases
- Revamped Tour Guide Test
- Users who are previously Tour Guides will have to retake the test to earn their Tour Guide status on this new system otherwise you will not be able to give tours or receive monthly paychecks
- Slightly tweaked Igloo Likes
- Fixed a issue where sound effect isn’t played when you throw a snowball into the generator
- Fixed a graphical issue in the Mine Shack
- Fixed rare bug when you click on a Player Card through the Ignore List
- Further fixed instances where players can crash loading into certain rooms
- Fixed a bug where Igloo Music doesn’t preview correctly