The safety of our community members is our top priority.
The following details our recommendations to ensure your Penguin account remains safe and secure from potential bad actors that exist on the internet.
- Be aware of third-party programs that may be used in an attempt to steal your information and compromise your Penguin account. Club Penguin Legacy will never require you to download a third party program for any reason. Downloading such harmful programs can potentially put your device and Penguin account at risk. If you come across any such third-party programs, please report the issue directly to us by creating a request with our Support Team.
- Do not share personal information with anyone or anything. This is especially important when choosing a username for your Penguin. Personal information can be anything from your real name, age, email, address/location, phone number, etc… Our filter is designed to prevent personal information from being shared or requested, but it is always possible that someone discovers a way to still inquire about personal information by circumventing the filter. If you see someone doing this, please report them immediately in-game or by creating a request with our Support Team.
- If you come across someone breaking the rules in any fashion, please report them immediately to us. If you have reported them already and they are still being problematic, we recommend that you ignore the player. Doing so will remove that Penguin from the room so you won’t be able to interact with them anymore.
- Use a secure password for your Penguin account that no one would be able to guess. It is also important that you do not share your password with anyone. When choosing a password we recommend that you choose a password that is not only difficult to guess, but unique to any passwords that you use elsewhere. If you believe the password that you have already chosen is not secure enough, you can always change it at any time.
- Be careful when using the “Remember me on this computer” and/or “Remember my password” options to login to your Penguin account. We do not recommend that you check these options if someone else besides your parent/guardian has access to the device you are using. This will allow anyone who has access to the device much easier access into your Penguin account.
- Enable Safe Chat options. You have the ability to enable either Ultimate Safe Chat or Complete Safe Chat options to prevent yourself from potentially posting revealing information or from seeing any harmful content from other Penguins. You can enable these features at any time via your Parental Controls setting in-game. If you are experiencing any issues with enabling them on your own, be sure to reach out to a Support Representative here.