Your Penguin Name is something that will be visible to all other Penguins on Club Penguin Legacy. Therefore, it is important you are choosing a username that is acceptable for use. Penguin Names need to be approved by our Trust & Safety team first. So, if you choose a name that we deem to be inappropriate, your Penguin Name will remain as your Penguin ID instead.
An acceptable Penguin Name would be one that abides by the following guidelines:
1) Do not choose a name that contains any personal information. This would include anything that is indicative of your real name, age, location, phone number, email addresss, etc... A username containing such revealing information would potentially put your personal safety at risk.
Note: Penguin Names that we deem to contain any real first, middle, or last name will not be approved. Regardless of whether or not you claim to identify by said name.
2) All Penguin Names must be appropriate for users of all ages. Penguin Names must not contain any language that is profane, obscene, violent, sexual, offensive, vulgar, or derogatory. Content that can be deemed inappropriate for any demographic will not be approved. This includes inappropriate content in different languages as well. Attempting to circumvent this using strategic methods such as purposely misspelling things is also unacceptable.
3) Do not choose a name that promotes or suggests any illegal or unlawful activity. This also includes references to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco use.
4) Do not use names that are discriminative or hateful. This includes names that could potentially discriminate against others on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability.
5) Do not use names that depict romantic content. This includes names that reference kissing, hand holding, and other romantic gestures.
6) Do not use names that promote political content. This includes the portrayal of political figures and officials including their slogans or campaign material as well as any references to political parties and organizations.
7) Do not use names that reference real-world tragic events. This would include that of mass shootings, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, and human or civil right violations.
8) Do not use names that can misrepresent or mislead others by mimicking others’ real- or virtual-world identities. This includes the identities of other users, Waddle employees, affiliates, and public figures.
9) Do not use your name as a means to promote any third-party programs/platforms. Club Penguin Legacy is unable to ensure the safety of external sites that are not regulated by us.
10) All Penguin Names must abide by Club Penguin Legacy’s Community Guidelines and Rules. Club Penguin Legacy’s foundation is rooted in its ability to offer a safe and welcoming environment for all. Such standards are upheld in all facets of the game, and Penguin names are no exception to this.