If you are experiencing performance issues while playing Club Penguin Legacy, we recommend that you try the following methods in an attempt to improve your situation:
- Enable Hardware Acceleration for your web browser, which you can do via your browser’s settings. If you do not know how to do this, perform a simple search online of how to enable Hardware Acceleration for your browser since the method will vary based on which browser you are using. You can also perform a search within your web browser's settings menu using the keyword "Hardware Acceleration", and that should bring up the setting for it as well.
- Try another web browser. If you are using Google Chrome, for example, you may find that a browser like Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Microsoft Edge will perform better for you.
- Hide usernames/penguins/interface. The far-right toolbar button gives access to a ton of different settings options. Amongst the visual settings is the ability to hide usernames, penguins, and the interface. Enabling all three options should significantly decrease any lag you may be experiencing.
- Enable Reduced Motion. Another settings option that exists is an accessibility feature where you can play the game at a reduced frame rate. Enabling Reduced Motion via your settings menu will drop the FPS significantly, which should especially help players with low-end devices/machines.
- Close unneeded tabs/windows/programs. Closing any additional tabs, windows, games that you may have open while playing Club Penguin Legacy may help with performance issues.